Sunday 14 September 2014

Short trip to Admiralty Park

So, I recently went to Admiralty Park for a little shooting. It’s one of my favourite places for macrophotography due to the wide variety of species present (and there are not too many mosquitoes). Here are some photos from the trip:

Tortoise Beetle stack
A tortoise beetle. I believe it’s the black spotted yellow tortoise beetle (Aspidomorpha miliaris).


  IMG_0202-1
A different tortoise beetle. Might be Laccoptera nepalensis.


IMG_0414-1
An excited dragonfly. He was really patient with me.


I did not take much photos as it was a short trip most of which was spent finding a green tortoise beetle. I still lack a good shot of those due to its small size and metallic shell which makes it challenging. Besides insects, I managed to spot a white-breasted waterhen leading a few chicks around a tiny pool in the undergrowth but they swam away too quickly for me to get a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment